Monday, May 16, 2016

Don't Just Stand By

Cyber bullying is a huge issue in today's society that I believe has become a bigger problem as the age of the internet progresses. Many people have become victims to internet bullying and harassment and it makes me wonder, why do people just watch it happen instead of intervening?

I feel as though the individuals who just allow things to unravel on the screen are just as guilty as the individuals engaging in the act of bullying. Put yourself in the victim's position....... wouldn't you want someone to speak up on your behalf or have a good Samaritan fight for you when you can't even fathom what is happening to you?

I have faith that the internet has created a space for people to stand up to bullying. However, I do not believe enough people use their voice to express the wrongness of the activities that go on over the internet.

It is time to speak up, bystanders.

No comments:

Post a Comment