Monday, May 16, 2016

The Next Big Thing for Virtual Reality

I was very intrigued when I came across this article on Forbes about the company Magic Leap. This company has spent the past two years and a lot of other people's money creating a new type of virtual reality technology. No more will people have to put on some chunky hideous goggles in order to experience some cool ass visions. Magic Leap has created a technology that attempts to integrate virtual sights and sounds into the real-life spaces and moments we occupy using a "semitransparent set of lenses photonic lightfield chip that lets users see distance-adjusted apparitions merrily inhabit the ‘real’ world around them".

The next big thing is here, however it is still not available to the public!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Giuliana! I've been scrolling through some of the class blogs, and this post caught my attention very quickly! I watched the video you attached, and it seems like an awesome development in virtual reality technology. I have always been interested in virtual reality games from afar, and it always feels as though these technologies are outside of our reach as consumers. I am looking forward to the day that we can access this type of technology more readily (and affordably!). I think the overall discussion of virtual reality as a form of new media is fascinating. If you post more about it, you'll definitely have at least one reader here :)

    ReplyDelete