Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Sexualization of females in video games

This topic is one that I explored for my final web project. I started out by watching many of Anita Sarkeesian's videos. She has plenty to say on the portrayal of women in video games and I encourage you to check out her videos on YouTube as well as her page called Feminist Frequency.

In this particular video, she explores the fashion and clothes of women characters, This is n issue I touch on in my project. Female characters are constantly portrayed in extremely revealing clothing that is all too tight in all the right places. It just makes you wonder why game makers decide to accentuate every aspect of the female body in these games. Especially since they are designed with unrealistic bodies and proportions.

I just do not understand the necessity to sexualize and exaggerate women in these video games. It just makes society's ideals of women even more unrealistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment