Monday, April 11, 2016

Google Changed the Game of Information Consumption

"Googleplex" (Company Headquarters)
The company known as the most used search engine in the world has become, dare I say, a necessity for the information hungry. Think about it; how many times a day do you use Google to look up information? I, myself, am guilty of looking up the most random things on an hourly basis. I see something or think of something and end up entering words into that little text box on the screen in front of me.

I am able to do this because Google has cataloged an immense amount of information, websites, pictures, videos, etc., all into one place. They have done it in order to make it easier for curious people like myself. Very rarely do people crack open a good old book while doing research. Why? They have the information at their fingertips.

The internet, social media, and the search engine giant Google, have immensely changed the way individuals consume information. People have become impatient, lazy, information seekers, and I very much believe Google has played a ginormous role in this transition. However, if Google was not the company to do it, somebody else would have been.

1 comment:

  1. I do agree with people becoming lazy and impatient. Plus you're right that if Google didn't do it someone else would. I would be a big-fat hypocrite if I pretended that I am not addicted to googling and have become VERY impatient as a result. I don't even want to think of the number of times that I go on google and how many times I close and open browser windows that aren't working quick enough.

    ReplyDelete