Monday, April 4, 2016

What is with this whole blogging thing?

Blogging, it seems, has grown into a ginormous outlet for people from all walks of life to share and interact with each other from the comfort of their own home. I never quite understood the reasoning behind expressing your thoughts online, so in order to better understand the world of blogging, I read an article about Trine-Maria Kristensen. She is a Danish blogger, as well as founder and head of marketing for a market research group. She was interviewed about her life as a blogger as well as her thoughts and opinions on this ever growing web based world. 

I may not be Danish, and therefore cannot understand Trine-Maria's blog posts without a translator, but I was very intrigued to read about her thoughts and opinions on blogging. She appealed to me because I feel as though I can connect with her in numerous ways. I am a major in marketing so I can connect with what she likes to blog about. Also, I have the same passion as her to travel around Italy experiencing the culture and food.

Based off her interview, Trine-Maria seems like the type of person I would really enjoy reading posts from. She mentions that she likes to write about things that irritate her which makes me believe she never holds back. That is definitely something I can appreciate. She likes to spark interest in her readers and welcomes intelligent feedback from her followers.


I truly enjoyed her outlook on the blogging world and how she contributes to it. This interview also makes you realize that you don’t have to have a background in journalism or some sort of writing in order to be a blogger. Simply write about things you are passionate about; you’d be surprised who will listen.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you were able to connect with her interview. I read this interview too and think your response to it only helps to prove my point. Blogging is accessible to everyone from any area of life. Do you think you will be able to incorporate blogging into your own career goals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you (and CWC) that blogging is a great way to interact with people from all walks of life (and from all over the world). For years, I followed a blogger from the Czech Republic and got into long discussions on the comment threads of some of his posts. And, as you allude, it is an especially valuable tool for people in the marketing field since so much of marketing is moving online.

    ReplyDelete